Reconnect, reminisce and reenergize at West Campus Homecoming 2019, May 3-5!
The Palmer College of Chiropractic West campus in San Jose, Calif., presents Homecoming 2019, May 3-5, which features a multi-track seminar-program, a variety of social events to reconnect with former classmates and meet fellow chiropractic colleagues, and the opportunity to earn up to 20 relicensure credits in one weekend!
In addition to the 22 breakout-sessions, the general-sessions feature special guest-speakers, including:
- Friday, May 3: “Advancing the Chiropractic Agenda. What Can Health Services Research Do for the Profession?” featuring Ian Coulter, Ph.D., senior health policy researcher at the RAND Corporation.
- Saturday, May 4: “The VA Chiropractic Program: Growth, Development, and Impact on the Chiropractic Profession,” featuring guest-speaker Anthony Lisi, D.C., chiropractic program director at U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Register by the “early” deadline on Friday, April 19, and take advantage of the special discount — a $100 savings off the “at-the-door” rate! You can register online; by downloading one of the printed registration forms and faxing to (563) 884-5103; or by contacting the Continuing Education office on the Main campus at (800) 452-5032.
The general-registration fee for D.C.’s includes: continuing education hours, registration packet, admission to all sessions, the exhibit area, continental breakfasts, and lunch (Saturday only).
West Homecoming 2019 special-events include:
- Golf Tournament (sponsored by the West campus Sports Council) on Thursday, May 2, at the Santa Clara Golf & Tennis Club. The shotgun-start will tee-off at 1 p.m. This year’s tournament fees (which includes golf cart) are $50 for students, and $65 for doctors. Prizes for the winning team, plus tournament contests! Social event to follow the tournament at Blast & Brew (55 River Oaks Parkway, off N. 1st St.). Register for the tournament via Evenbrite (@pccw_golftournament_2019.eventbrite.com). For additional information regarding the golf tournament, contact Sports Council officers Emelia Bracken or Dennis Matos.
- Friday Night Social on Friday, May 3, 5:30 – 9:30 p.m., at the West campus. Free to attend, this year’s Friday Night Social (co-hosted by the Palmer West Associated Student Government and Sports Council) features a Hawaiian-luau theme. Guests can enjoy a taste of Hawaiian-cuisine for $10. The event will also include a special ceremony recognizing the 25-year anniversary of the Sports Council, as well as Sports Council fundraiser-raffles of various prizes, plus other fun activities, including hula-hoop, limbo, and karaoke competitions – with prizes for the winners of each!
- 25-year-reunion dinner (for the Class of ’94) on Friday, May 3, 7 to 9:30 p.m. at David’s Restaurant in Santa Clara. Class-members are welcome to bring a guest to this complimentary event! Please RSVP by Friday, April 26, with Nicole Rathje at (563) 884-5776.
- Saturday Evening Gala dinner-dance (featuring the Hella Good Party Band) in the Grand Ballroom at the Santa Clara Marriott Hotel, on Saturday, May 4, 7 – 11 p.m. Attending the Gala requires a separate fee ($60), and must be purchased by the end of day on Friday, May 3 (or until sold out).
Palmer has arranged for a special Homecoming rate at the Santa Clara Marriott (located at 2700 Mission College Boulevard), subject to availability, May 2-6. Special rates ($149 per night plus tax for single or double occupancy) are in effect through Tuesday , April 9.
Plus, the Palmer West Bookstore will be open for extended hours on Friday, May 3 (7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.), and will be open for weekend shopping on Saturday, May 4 (7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.). In addition to taking advantage of special sales, Homecoming guests can also enjoy complimentary coffee (served from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)!
For additional information regarding Palmer’s West Campus Homecoming 2019 event, please contact the Palmer College Continuing Education office on the Main campus (8 a.m. – 4 p.m., CST) at 1-800-452-5031, or firstname.lastname@example.org.