West Homecoming 2018, May 4-6: Three days of great speakers, seminars, social events!
Palmer College of Chiropractic’s West campus in San Jose, Calif., presents Homecoming 2018, May 4-6, featuring a three-day program that includes multi-track seminar sessions (with more than two-dozen speakers), a variety of social events to reconnect with classmates and fellow chiropractic colleagues – and the opportunity to earn up to 20 relicensure credits in one weekend!
West Homecoming 2018 seminar sessions will address a wide variety of patient-care topics, including:
- A World of Hurt: A Guide to Classifying Pain
- Kinesiology Tape Research Update and Application
- Using Body Intelligence to Treat Chronic Disease
- Women’s Health: the Female Triad and Its Effect on Fertility
- Lessons Learned from the Joint Commission in Sports Science
- Current Concepts in Concussion Evaluation and Management
- Evidence-Based Toolkit for Clinicians: What It Is and How to Use It
- Opportunities for Chiropractic in the VA
- Opportunities in the World of Sport and Functional Assessment and Adjustments of Extremities
- The McKenzie Method® of Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy® (MDT)
- Slow Aging, Live Longer: The Science of Foods, Genes, Cells
- Plus, much more — including QME and X-ray credit hours!
General sessions featuring special guest-speakers include:
- “Using Body Intelligence to Treat Chronic Disease,” featuring Rachel Carlton Abrams, M.D., M.H.S., ABFP, ABIHM. Board-certified in family medicine and integrative medicine, Dr. Carlton maintains her practice at the award-winning Santa Cruz Integrative Medicine Clinic in Santa Cruz. She also is the author of the book, “BodyWise: Discovering Your Body’s Intelligence for Lifelong Health and Healing.”
- “When Life Blows Up: A Story of Triumph Over Adversity,” featuring Shilo Harris, who, while serving as a staff sergeant in the U.S. Army, suffered severe burns and nearly crippling injuries when his armored vehicle was struck by an improvised explosive device (IED) during his second military deployment to Baghdad in 2007. Supported by his family and an unwavering faith, Mr. Harris not only survived, but he triumphed over his catastrophic injuries and severe PTSD. He describes his experience in “Steel Will: My Journey Through Hell to Become the Man I was Meant to Be.” Mr. Harris retired from the U.S. Army in 2010, but continues to fight for his country as a soldier-turned-messenger.
Take advantage of the “early” discount rate (and save up to $100) by registering for West Homecoming 2018 by Friday, April 20.
The general registration fee for D.C.’s includes: continuing education hours, registration packet, admission to all sessions, the exhibit area, continental breakfasts, and lunch (Saturday only).
Plus, if you’re a California Chiropractic Association (CCA) member, you’re eligible for an additional discount – if you register by April 20!
- Golf Tournament (sponsored by the West campus Sports Council) on Thursday, May 3, at the Santa Clara Golf & Tennis Club. Separate fee to play in the tournament. Contact West student Nathan Clark for details.
- Friday Night Social on Friday, May 4, 5:30 – 9:30 p.m., at the West campus. This event is free to attend, and also features complimentary refreshments!
- 25-year-reunion dinner (for the Class of ’93) on Friday, May 4, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. at David’s Restaurant in Santa Clara. Class-members are welcome to bring a guest to this complimentary event! Please RSVP with Nicole Rathje at 563-884-5776.
- Saturday Evening Gala (featuring the Hella Good Party Band) in the Grand Ballroom at the Santa Clara Marriott Hotel, on Saturday, May 5, 7 – 11 p.m. (Separate fee – $50).
Palmer has arranged for a special Homecoming rate at the Santa Clara Marriott, subject to availability, May 3-7. Special rates are in effect through Friday, April 20.
For additional information regarding Palmer’s West Campus Homecoming 2018 event, please contact the Palmer College Continuing Education and Events office on the Davenport campus (8 a.m. – 4 p.m., CST) at 1-800-452-5031, or email@example.com.