Holiday Party fun

Friday was the Palmer Holiday Party! Every December, Palmer puts on a holiday party for all the students to go out and have a good time. I like to think it’s to celebrate all our hard work.

I had just finished my rotation at the Outreach Clinic and still needed to pick up some jewelry for my outfit and start getting ready. My friend was having a get-together before hand that started at 6 p.m. Another friend and I ran to the store then back to my place to get ready. We had an hour and half, plenty of time to run to two stores and for two ladies to get ready. We couldn’t have been more wrong.

We showed up to the pre-party an hour late. But it was fine; we had brought lots of snacks with us. We had fun playing some board games and taking lots of pictures before we headed down town.

A couple friends and I stopped by another pre-party on our way to the Redstone Room for more snacks. The Holiday Party started at 8 p.m., and I think we got there around 9:30 p.m., but I had been behind the whole day so that was inevitable. I was surprised that when we got arrived, there was still a decent amount of appetizers still there. This was my third time attending the Holiday Party, and I had never made it in time for the appetizers. Unfortunately I had filled up on snacks at all the other parties, so I only ate a couple pieces of pineapple when I got there.

The party was a lot of fun. It’s a lot of dancing and hanging out with friends, and we get to dress up nice. We ladies love a good reason to wear a dress. The school brought in a band from Chicago that was really good; they played great music and sounded awesome. We danced until midnight, and it looked like everyone was having a really great time. Everyone loves the “Palmer Prom!”

– Allisha

One thought on “Holiday Party fun