I survived OSCE exams

Hang in there cat

Hang in there cat poster

I had the first part of my OSCE exams this week. In our 8th trimester, we have to take two exams that allow us to go onto Level II clinics and eventually graduate. One portion is a clinical aspect where you go in and perform a full evaluation on a mock patient. The second portion is a radiology portion. I had to take my radiology portion this week. It’s done on a computer, and we’re given 10 different cases with films then asked questions over the cases. Then we have to identify what the most significant diagnosis is and how we would manage that patient’s care.

It wasn’t so bad. I wish I had studied more, but life calls sometimes and you just run out of time. I don’t have to take the clinical portion until Dec. 4, so I’m going to start studying for that soon so I am more prepared for that one than I was for the radiology portion. Really, though, these two exams have been all I’ve really had to study for this trimester so far, so I’d say that’s not bad at all.

It’s weird going from having to study every night for multiple exams to only having to study occasionally for a couple exams weeks apart. So it actually does happen! You won’t always be swarming with exams. Don’t get me wrong, we are still very busy but it’s a different kind of busy, a better busy. I would rather be taking care of patients in clinic than studying constantly and sitting in class all day.

So it does get better, I wouldn’t say easier, I would say better with a different kind of busy. It will all be worth it in the end, just keep at it!

-Allisha

One thought on “I survived OSCE exams

1. Hi Allisha, I’m glad to see you documenting your journey through Palmer because you will cherish that for a lifetime. You are having the time of your life now so enjoy every second of it. Best of luck with all your other exams and Palmer experience. I enjoy reading you blogs.

Sincerely,

Your Houston Chiropractor,

Dr. Gregory E. Johnson