Finals and break

(written during finals week) Ah, finals are finally upon us. Which means two things: Goody bag Friday and endless studying. Goody bag Friday was a success. Although I showed up kind of late because I had a later final, and I didn’t get a yellow Laffy Taffy or Snickers like I had hoped. The pink Laffy Taffy and Milky Way did just as fine, though.

Unfortunately, the endless studying hasn’t been going as well. I seem to be very easily distracted this trimester when it comes to studying. Like right now I should probably be studying, but writing this seemed more appealing.

We are over halfway through finals, and I have two more to go before the break starts. Both finals are for my Technique classes. The last one is tomorrow at 8:55 a.m. Then I have to see a patient in the rehab department, and then I am free to relax and not think about school for the next ten days. Then boards scores come in, and I will either be celebrating a lot or crying a lot. Either way the break should be a great one. I’m going to Des Moines to shadow a doctor in the area, and I’m going to think about doing some things for my wedding. We will see, though. I might just do a lot of sleeping.

Halloween is at the beginning of the tri like usual, but this time it’s on a Friday which means costumes. I am going to finish up my costume over break, and my friend and I are going to pass out candy to the neighborhood children and find costume contests to enter! Halloween is my favorite holiday, so I’m happy I finally get to partake in the festivities!

For now I must get back to studying! Happy finals week!

-Allisha