The trimester winds down

We are getting down to the last few weeks of the trimester. Things are winding down and getting wrapped up within the next three weeks. We are getting all our final practicals, quizzes and tests out of the way before finals approach. Gladly, it actually hasn’t been very busy and won’t be for my trimester until finals. We only have a few things a week, which is a nice change. I’ve been seeing one or two patients a day in the clinic, which has been a lot of fun. I get to do my first physical/re-evaluation on one of my patients at the end of this week. It’s just been kind of a steady month this month. Boards studying and exams took up most of the month, and it’s kind of been smooth sailing since.

Alligator

Gator!

Last weekend I went to Ames/Des Moines (Iowa) to visit my cousin and go bridesmaid dress shopping. We had a lot of fun just hanging out. It was a nice break from the craziness of school. On Saturday night we went to the World Food and Music festival in downtown Des Moines. I tried a gyro, tacos, crab ragoons and a couple different dishes from Ecuador. It was all very delicious and a lot of fun. There were food vendors for all sorts of countries. I just wasn’t brave enough to try the crazy things! They also had salsa dance lessons and various bands playing throughout the night. It was a really cool festival, and there were a lot of people there trying a lot of different things. My cousin tried to get alligator bites, but luckily they were out when went to buy them because she was going to make me try them!

Now it’s just trying to stay focused and not check out too early before finals. There is still quite a bit to do!

-Allisha