Exams, TIC and Faculty Appreciation Day

(written 5/28/14) We had a long weekend last weekend it having been Memorial Day weekend. I spent the weekend doing a lot of napping and very little studying. I had all intentions of using our extra day for extra studying, but it ended up being incredibly hot in my apartment, so I decided sleeping most of the day was more appealing.

The majority of our testing is done, just a few more practicals and quizzes left, and then we set into finals. I will start studying for those sometime this week. Although with this week being a short week, I’m losing track of time more quickly and less studying gets done. Either way, it was nice to have a little bit of a break before I need to jump into the hectic week that we call finals.

Today was Faculty Appreciation Day, which means not only do we get to recognize the important people on this campus that make this program possible, we also got free food! It was awesome, and I ate way too much. On today’s menu we had chicken and burgers. Three different types of burgers turkey, beef and black bean. The turkey burger and chicken were delicious. We also got salad and a bag of chips, which were also just as equally as good.

Tonight is the “Talk the TIC” competition where students get up in front of the student body and give a 10-minute talk about chiropractic and health. The students that attend get to vote on a winner, then the finalists get to present at Spizz Night, and the winner at Spizz gets to go on to compete against other schools in Atlanta, Ga. I will not be competing, but I have a friend that is, so I will be there to cheer everyone on and come back to tell all of you about it. I believe there are nine students competing, and I know a few of them personally and think they will all do very well.

Only 2 weeks and one day until SUMMER!!!

-Allisha