Lunch on the Lawn!

Lunch on the Lawn

Lunch on the Lawn

This week we had lunch on the lawn! That means that the Palmer Clinics, Student Services and the Marketing & Communication Department bought all the students lunch! This was done last year to showcase the brand new tent that the College had bought and uses at promotion events. It’s quite a nice tent. It has the school’s logo and some pictures, I think. I can’t quite remember I just remember it looking nice.

So lunch was set up outside the Welcome Center. There were tables and buffet-style hot dogs and bags of potato chips. You also got your choice of water or soda. There were three options: regular hot dog, veggie dog and turkey dog. I decided to try out the turkey dog, and I was not disappointed. I also had a bag of Doritos and water.

I do enjoy lunch, but I enjoy it even more when it’s free. So I am very appreciative of our free lunch. It was a bit chilly outside, but it wasn’t raining, so I ate my lunch outside quickly then hurried back inside where it was warm to study.

I also finished my second observation in the clinic today, which was really neat. I remember being in first trimester and thinking, “Oh, man, those guys are so cool, they’re in here observing and about to take over in the clinic. I’ll never get there!” Now I am there and still feel like I’m in first trimester and I’m not sure if I should be in the clinic yet. Except I have a white coat, so that’s where I am definitely supposed to be, despite being terrified that the past two years have went that quickly and still feeling like there is still so much more I need to learn.

It’s less than a month until the end of the trimester, and I might have just had a mini panic attack realizing that right now. There is still so much to do … how will we get it all done?!?! Alas, the closer finals get, the crazier Palmer students get. I mean that in the best way possible.

I can’t wait for it to warm up more consistently so studying outside becomes an option. We do have a lovely courtyard to study in! Hopefully it happens before finals. Tt would do me some good to get off this couch and see sunlight once in a while. Sunlight or not, the studying must go on! So I shall get back to it!

Here’s a link to a photo gallery from the Lunch on the Lawn, if you’re interested.

-Allisha