I decide to join the softball team

Softball players

See these ball players who know what they’re doing? They’re not me. 🙂

This weekend, aside from the soft tissue elective, I also signed up to be on our class softball team! Saturday night was our first game.

We felt pretty lucky because it had been a really nice day it was warm we figured that it’d be great weather for the game.We played at 8 p.m., and it had gotten incredibly windy by the time we were suppose to play. You could see the dirt on the field blowing in the wind. But regardless of wind and temperature, we were going to play!

While we were all freezing, we started the game. And it started off pretty well. I should probably tell you, I’m not very athletic. The last time I participated in a team sport, besides cheerleading, was 5th grade, and I’d never played softball. I’m pretty sure before Saturday I had never even held a softball.

So being as I had never played before, I was appointed team catcher. I was apprehensive because I wasn’t too cool with the idea of the ball basically being thrown at me, but my team assured me that’s not how softball works so I took the position.

Turns out I am decent at being a catcher, besides having to use my whole body to throw the ball back to the pitcher (it made it to him most of the time). The other times I’m going to blame on the wind.

Anyway, at some point we were even winning the game! Then (I’m going to blame it on the wind again) it seemed like every ball that was thrown was not to the batter, and a lot of the other team were able to walk. Somehow we had gotten pretty far behind, but it was okay because we were up to bat and it was last bat and we could have come back from it! Except we didn’t. We lost 13-6.

The game was called either to weather or time limit, and we had to accept our loss. Regardless of the loss, we had a really good time. And for my first time ever playing softball, I’d say it was a success. I mean I made it around the bases once, so I’m taking that as a success story.

It was a lot of fun. Even if you’ve never played or you’re not that good it’s something fun to do and you should join a team! Just beware if you’re not very athletic like myself and you’ve never played softball before be prepared to be incredibly sore the next day. Good thing I had that soft tissue elective the next day, because I was struggling to move the next morning.