Meeting a legend: Jane Goodall

Jane Goodall, primatologist (Jeek, Wikimedia Commons)

It has been a busy couple of days but not in a bad way! Monday  some friends and I went and saw Jane Goodall (the famous primatologist and conservationist) give a speech, and it was one of the most inspiring and uplifting lectures I have ever heard.

She is an incredible woman and I am so happy to have found some of my Palmer family to share that with. We stood in line for almost two hours to get her autograph in one of her books, which I am very eager to read.

We got back to Davenport around midnight and had to get up for class at 7:30 a.m.,  so the day was very long and very exhausting, but it was more than worth it.

There will always be someone else here that is interested in the same things as you. I promise you, you’ll be able to find someone to do non-chiropractic related things with you, and I think that’s awesome!

The Activities Fair was Tuesday from 8 a.m. – noon. All of the campus clubs set up tables in one spot, and you could check out what each one has to offer and see if you would like to attend their meetings and see what it’s about. I worked at the Sigma Phi Chi table for a little bit promoting our trimesterly social but then ventured out to explore which clubs I might want to dabble in this tri.

I think I am going to check out the Philanthropy Club, Pediatrics Club and the Animal Chiropractic Club. But there are so many other clubs, there has to be at least one to suit your interests. Some people suggest trying different ones each week to see which ones you will continue to be a part of.

The last thing the day had in store for me was Zumba. The classes are just getting started back up again this trimester. If you aren’t already on the Zumba train, I suggest you get there now. We had an awesome time, and the instructor is extremely energetic. Right now it is only offered once a week, but if we get enough people interested, she will start another class for us so we can have it twice a week. So please come check out Zumba! If you’re worried about looking crazy, don’t worry, I for sure look crazy.

– Allisha