The most challenging experience of my life

Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport, Iowa

Hi, I’m Allisha. I’m a 5th tri student at Palmer’s Davenport, Iowa, Campus. I’ll be sharing my Palmer experience with you, so please come back to check it out. I’ll be posting a couple times a week.

Here goes …

If I had to describe my past five trimesters at Palmer, I would say that it has been the most challenging experience of my life. It has also been the most rewarding experience of my life.

It’s challenging in ways that can’t be taught. It’s something you have to figure out on your own, something that comes with the reward of this profession. I think the challenge has been the most essential contributor to why Chiropractic means so much to me.

It’s very clear to me now that this career path isn’t meant for everyone; it takes a certain kind of person. It takes dedication, strength, passion, motivation, love and, most of all, it takes determination. These were all traits I wasn’t sure I had before I got here.

In the past 17 months I have grown in myself with this profession not only to love what I have learned, love what I have become, but mostly to love what I will do for other people. It is really hard that first year to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I never thought I would see it through all the textbooks, exams and notes. I assure you, it’s there waiting for you, and what is on the other side is one of the most incredible feelings you’ll ever experience.

Nothing can compete with the excitement you feel when you perform your first adjustment. Nothing is more rewarding after all those exams than actually seeing the results from your patient seconds after that first thrust.

You’re here to change people’s lives, and I believe you will do just that. That is exactly what I came here to do and even though there were many days when I didn’t think I could handle any more and days I questioned whether I was in the right spot, I realized Chiropractic chose me. I am exactly where I need to be, and there is no better place then right here.

One thought on “The most challenging experience of my life

1. Hi Allisha –

Awesome!!! I can so relate!! Chiropractic has been a part of my entire life and most recently I have worked for an Upper Cervical Chiropractor since Oct. 2012. Life has been so great! I have been so blessed with all the opportunities and experiences before starting Chiropractic College. I am so excited to start Palmer (Davenport) in March, and you really just made my day with this blog post! Chiropractic does find you! Definitely will keep my fire, passion, love, and determination for Chiropractic, and I am so excited to one day be able to learn how to adjust and change lives! The chiropractor I work for says its no better feeling, just like you said, and I am so thankful for this profession.
    Thanks again, Allisha for this amazing post! Best of luck to you and your future! “Keep Smiling!” “The Power that Made the Body, Heals the Body” – BJ Palmer

-Marcie