My 1st trimester at Palmer

1st Trimester:

You know how others that have been there before you try give you that advice that will help guide you in the right direction before you get there?

That was how it started for me. Advice from other doctors and people that had recently gone through the struggle. I took a year off of school to shadow a doctor in Lake Worth, Florida, before leaving for Palmer. Now I kinda thought there wasn’t a big difference between undergrad and graduate schools, but I was sadly mistaken, as I was soon to find out.

I arrived in Davenport in the middle of Feb. 2013 and had around 2 and half weeks before classes started, so I killed time by getting my son ready for his own school and getting settled into our new place. On March 6 I had orientation and learned I had a class of 62 students. From what I was told, this is much smaller than the normal classes that are around 100+ students.

My schedule for first trimester was 20+ credit hours that consisted of classes starting at 7:30 a.m. and ran till 2:30 p.m., accept on lab days, which put me in school till 5 p.m.

1st Trimester classes:

• Neuroanatomy 1 and lab
  • Embryology
  • Spinal anatomy 1
  • Gross anatomy 1and lab
  • Biochemistry 1
  • Philosophy 1
  • Information literacy
  • Evidence base chiropractic
  • Neurophysiology 1
  • Rights and responsibilities

Sounds easy right?!? Well, sort of … Stay tuned!   😉