The Palmer School and Infirmary of Chiropractic was chartered in Davenport, Iowa in May 1907.
This important document was filed to legally document the creation of a corporation as a separate business entity. The articles become a public record and provide important information such as its name, street address, and information about its shares of stock.
Article I: “The name of this corporation shall be “The Palmer School and Infirmary of Chiropractic” and in article III, “The object of the incorporation or business to be transacted is to conduct a school in accordance with chiropractic methods and teachings, also to maintain an infirmary…”
It is of course signed by the all important stockholders:
Palmer School and Infirmary officially changed name to Palmer School of Chiropractic in 1921. During that time, quite a few things happened. Here are some highlights:
- 1908—Ph.C. Degree offered, B.J. Palmer, first recipient.
- 1908—D.D. founds D.D. Palmer College of Chiropractic in Portland, Oregon.
- 1909—B.J. Palmer obtains X-Ray equipment. Palmer first professional school to offer “Spinography”
- 1910—Chiropractor’s Adjuster published
- 1912—Residence purchased at 808 Brady St.
- 1913—D.D. Palmer passes
- 1914—First Palmer lyceum
- 1916—Construction of the D.D. Palmer Memorial Building
- 1918—Chiropractic Anatomy by Mabel is published
- 1920—Administration building built
- 1920—Curriculum changed from 12 to 18 months
- 1921—National Board of Examiners is formed
Plus many more things! We hope you enjoyed this journey back in time with us.
For more info contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org