With graduation fast approaching we’d like to take this opportunity to feature some diplomas from Palmer’s history.
The oldest diploma we have in the archives belonged to Ernest Simon, who graduated October 11, 1899.
Displayed next to his we have B.J. Palmer’s diploma from January 6, 1902.
Fun fact: B.J. signed his own diploma as the secretary of the school!
This 1919 diploma from William Little Heath shows how the style of diplomas changed when the name changed from Chiropractic School and Cure to Palmer School of Chiropractic. The increase in signatures also shows how much the school had grown in the 17 years since B.J. graduated.
Our collection includes many more diplomas from throughout Palmer College’s history.
Come see them in the David D. Palmer Health Sciences Library, first floor, Room L103!