In honor of National Library Week we’re taking a look back at the library over the years. Palmer has had a library since at least 1904.
(1904-1905 PSC Announcement)
By 1911 the library’s collection had grown to several thousand volumes. The Library was located in the B.J. Palmer classroom building during the 1920s and 1930s, and later the D.D. Palmer memorial building, before moving to the top floor of the Administrative building in 1957.
The Library was once again relocated to the B.J. Palmer classroom building until the completion of the David D. Palmer Health Sciences Library in 1977.
During this time, in an effort to gain accreditation, students, alumni, faculty and staff expanded the library’s collection to over 25,000 volumes through book drives. With an expanding collection, a new library was needed and construction on the David D. Palmer Health Sciences Library began in 1975.