Rugby pre-game bonding

(Written last Friday)

Tonight my girls’ rugby team is getting together for a little pre-game meal action! We are going to have pasta and salad and all that good food then do some team bonding as well as talk a little bit about strategy for our first regular season game tomorrow!

I have been on a team in one sport or another for most of my life, and the pre-game meal seems to have been a tradition for as long as I can remember. When I was playing hockey in my undergrad (we were a little spoiled), we had pre- and post-game meals together every weekend. I feel like these times are some of the things I remember the most. Bonding with those girls made memories that will last a lifetime. These things were the reason we created friendships, and I think a key component to any team’s success, because you build trust and understanding between players that can be carried over to the game.

When you are in battle alongside your teammates in a game, you want to know the people next to you and trust they are going to have your back and do their part just as they are expecting the same from you. Practice makes perfect, and good players can win games but even some of the most skilled teams out there will fall if they can’t bring everyone together.

This concept can relate to so many other things in life, too! Even chiropractic. The doctor-patient role is a team. You need to build that relationship and have trust in order for it to be successful.

Cheers to all the teams out there, eh!

Kailey