Saturday is RUGBY Day! #throwback

Me and Haley after our first game at Palmer (We are the only girls from my tri on the team - 2nd trimester)​

Me and Haley after our first game at Palmer (We are the only girls from my tri on the team – 2nd trimester)​

(this post got totally overlooked–I wrote it back on March 29 back when rugby was in full swing! … hence the #throwback)

So we had our first game this weekend! We played against a team called Menagerie from Minneapolis. I was pretty nervous before the game. I didn’t exactly feel prepared about some things, but it was too late to really worry about them as we stood on the field at kickoff!

As soon as the game started, though, things just kind of fell in to place. We helped each other out and overall, for our first game, I am pretty proud of our team! We have a lot of new girls who have never played before at all, and we did really well! We ended up winning the game I think 42-0 (each try is work 5 and then 2 points for an extra kick if we make it through the uprights).

A few of the new girls after our first rugby game​

It is definitely an adrenaline rush, and it feels so good to be back in competition and a part of a team. I have always been an athlete and played a lot of sports growing up so it is so fun to get back into that team atmosphere and be working together to win something alongside people who have your back.

After the game we have a social to thank the other team for coming to play us, so it was a little awkward but cool to get to meet some of the other girls who play this crazy sport we love and have a good time celebrating the game with drinks and food!

I am definitely paying for my efforts of yesterday today, though. I am bruised up and sore everywhere, but it was all worth it in the end!

Cheers,

Kailey