Motivation Monday!

I think I can, I think I can! (from WorkLifeCareers.com)

What motivates you? Sometimes people (outside of this program) ask me how I stay motivated or comment on how “they don’t know how you do it” when I tell them about how much studying I have to do or how many exams I have coming up or maybe they just catch a glimpse inside my planner and notice all the lists and sticky notes and that each hour of the day is filled with something that needs to be done.

So I thought I would talk about some of the things that motivate me, because, who knows, they might even just help motivate you!

First of all, I am a competitive person so sometimes I can’t control my want to perform and succeed on even small things like filling the blanks in in my note set before the person sitting next to me–WHAT!? Haha. This being said, I feel some of the smaller wins are a part of me that wants to be at the top of my class. I have accepted the challenges that come with this program, and I am now in competition with myself to keep up the 4.0 I earned in undergrad.

Next, is my peers. I am constantly reminded by those around me that there are people who have it tougher than I do. So when I complain about how tired I am or how I need more time to study, all I have to do is look around at those people who are all in the same program as me with the same responsibilities and are not complaining. Reality check for sure. Many of my friends have families or are just starting them. My hat is off to them. I can’t imagine having that added responsibility and time requirement to this busy schedule.

Although there are many more, I will make this my last one. My future. I think wanting to be a great doctor with a successful practice motivates me a lot. I want to be able versatile and knowledgeable in practice, and that is what I am here for. To learn how to treat people and help them live a better life. So I could say it is my future self (A Doctor! Yay!) and my future patients that make me want to apply myself and soak in as much information as I can so that I can be successful once I leave this place!

I hope you can find something that motivated you today! The end of the trimester is near!

Cheers,

Kailey