Prescription drugs: Not the answer

As I enter clinic in 7th trimester here at Palmer, I get excited because I know I will be able to save lives through the power of chiropractic. This really is the best profession ever! The amazing thing is that we do not treat symptoms or disease; we work with the function of the nervous system. Yes, symptoms or disease may disappear as a side effect of chiropractic care, but that is because you as a chiropractor removed the nerve interference and allowed the body to heal on its own.

I’m thinking of this today because I just returned from the Catch the Wave seminar in San Francisco. (I went to listen to some of my mentors speak and to support a classmate who competed in the “Talk the TIC” worldwide competition—and won!) At the seminar, one of the speakers had a unique reason that he got into chiropractic. This gentleman was an ex-pharmacist. When the medical model failed to help his health issues, he turned to chiropractic care and got his life back. So he started warning the patients coming to the pharmacy that the prescription drugs they were getting were dangerous and toxic, and that there was a healthier alternative: chiropractic care. He said that one day he just got so sick of poisoning people and being “part of the problem”— so he quit his job and enrolled in chiropractic school. How awesome is that?!

So many people still think chiropractic is about neck and back pain. That’s what Advil and Tylenol are for! We as chiropractors help the nervous system to function at 100% so the body can heal and function at its greatest potential.

Consider this: The average American takes 13 toxic prescription drugs each day. Clearly their bodies are not functioning at 100%. Just imagine how you could change someone’s life by helping their body to function the way it was designed to function without drugs.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. This really is the best profession in the world!

Stacia Kampschnieder
7th trimester student, Davenport Campus