Inspiration and affirmation: I am a chiropractor!

Recently I was able to attend a seminar in Chicago. It wasn’t a technique seminar. It was a seminar geared toward business development and effective communication of chiropractic philosophy. It is a day that has shaped my career, and I am fired up after being immersed in such an intoxicating chiropractic setting!

I think sometimes we make chiropractic philosophy way more difficult than it really is. There was a simple illustration given: “All horses have 4 legs. Big Red is a horse. Therefore, Big Red has 4 legs.” No one would argue with this sequence of logic. Now let’s relate the same logic to chiropractic: “Our bodies are self-healing, self-regulating organisms. The nervous system is the most important system in transmitting self-healing, self-regulating energy in the body. Therefore, if there is interference in nervous system flow, life-force/energy is impeded, and the body cannot function at 100%.” Isn’t that simple?! This is just one easy example that can be used with patients. Obviously, educating our patients in chiropractic philosophy is an ongoing endeavor.

There was also a presentation that encouraged doctors to look for contradictions in their philosophy. Philosophical contradictions result in self-made limitations. If we market our practice as “back and neck pain” care, that is all we can expect to walk through our doors, but if we educate our patients on the vitalistic  power of chiropractic, and commit unwaveringly to the chiropractic philosophy, we can continue to advance this distinct and special form of healthcare.

I was really moved by the doctors we met at the seminar. They were all so passionate about the power of chiropractic. (One doctor shared a story of how his son was declared blind in both eyes after an accident involving fireworks, and after adjusting the C1 vertebra every hour for days, his son’s vision was restored!) These doctors expressed interest in my future as a doctor of chiropractic, and they were willing to be transparent and open as they shared about their own private practices. I hope you can meet and surround yourself with positive chiropractic mentors as well.

All in all, it was a great seminar. It was one of those days where I sat listening to the presentations, and I thought to myself, “This is exactly what I want to be doing! I am a chiropractor!”

Leah Hetebrueg, 4th trimester student
Davenport Campus

4 thoughts on “Inspiration and affirmation: I am a chiropractor!

1. Pingback: chiropractor camarillo family chiropractic

2. I have been going to a chiropractor for years and am always amazed at how much she can do for me. I have so much respect for the chiropractic philosophy and I am walking proof that it works! Just ask my chiropractor http://slcchiro.com/.