It’s all about the technique

I am about one month into my 6th trimester and am loving it. This trimester we have transitioned into even more hands-on learning as opposed to strictly lecture. This tri I have two technique classes, Pelvic and Thoracolumbar. In Pelvic we have learned how to analyze x-rays of the pelvis and determine the listings to be adjusted. Over the last couple days we have started learning some of the side posture set-ups for adjusting the pelvis. This has been my favorite part of the class this far, and I can’t wait to see what else we will learn. In Thoracolumbar we have learned both the Diversified and Gonstead ways of adjusting the thoracic and lumbar regions. These two technique classes have definitely caught my interest, and I can’t wait to learn more in them.

As I mentioned earlier, we have learned both the Gonstead and Diversified ways of adjusting thus far in Thoracolumbar, and we will learn more as the tri continues. I very much enjoy the different techniques that are taught in all technique classes.

At Palmer we will learn what we call the “Palmer Package,” which includes Palmer Gonstead, Diversified, Toggle Recoil, Thompson, Barge Tortipelvis, and Extremities. I feel that this gives us a very well-rounded education on the different techniques out there—and that it will enable us to provide great patient care in the future!

Hope everyone has a great Easter!

Stephanie Tronnes, 6th trimester student
Davenport Campus