Planning for boards? Take this advice

I hope you all had a great break—at least better than mine. I spent most of the time studying for the National Boards Exam part I, and it definitely wasn’t entertaining.

The Part I board exam consists of 6 topics: Spinal and Gross Anatomy, Chemistry, Physiology, Pathology, and Microbiology. It pretty much contains all the things that we have learned throughout 1st to 4th trimesters. This is a good opportunity to review all the materials that we have gone through and to remind ourselves about the “basic” knowledge that we are expected to know as doctors. It is painful to study these all over again, but it sure did help me to go through most of the information that we have been taught at Palmer for 4 trimesters.

I am not taking any review classes but am just studying off from my old notes and a book called “Chiro Essentials” from the Bookstore from Palmer, which I hope to be sufficient. For those of you who have never taken Boards, I would recommend to find out the due dates for registering during your 3rd or the beginning of your 4th trimester—and keep on track on what you need to do to register for the exam.

There are a couple steps that you need to follow in order to successfully register yourself to take the NBCE. You need to take a passport photo, get a money order, register online, and, finally, register on the 4th floor of the Campus Center. Hopefully this information was helpful. I wish all of you the best of luck both for Board exams and this new trimester!

Yoon Mi (Lisa) Kim, 5th Trimester Student
Davenport Campus