A “halfway done” reflection

Hello faithful blog readers,

Welcome to another fascinatingly fun filled blog from the king of campus guides. As I sat down to write this latest blog, I thought about what’s been on my mind as of late. Being that I am wrapping up fifth trimester here at Palmer I feel that it’s time for a little celebration and reflection.

So here we go….

Let’s celebrate first. I’m hitting a milestone at the end of this trimester and really can’t believe that I am halfway through my time at Palmer. It truly seems like yesterday that I was in the same place that a lot of you are right now. Checking out various colleges, trying to decide which college would be the best fit for me, nervous about starting the program, starting and thinking I’ll never see the end, finishing my first year and thinking how crazy it is that I was a third of the way done, etc. What’s really cool about fifth trimester at Palmer is it’s the trimester where you start some real application of what you have been learning thus far in the classroom and get your hands on some fellow students. In cervicals class you learn all the set ups for Gonstead & Diversified techniques from occiput down to T2. And at the end of the trimester you have the opportunity to work up a student patient, and if they are subluxated, adjust them while your professor is watching (of course). In fact, I had that opportunity today and it was really cool, nerve-racking, but very cool. It was the culmination of a lot of hard work and diligent effort over the past year and a half. It was definitely a day that I won’t forget.

Let’s reflect a little. Palmer is, in my humble opinion, the greatest chiropractic college there is. We are where it all started. Each and every day I walk the very halls that D.D. Palmer, B.J. Palmer, Mabel Palmer and many other greats of our profession have walked. I read the quotes of B.J. on the walls and in the halls all over campus. It fills me with pride to feel the greatness that fills every nook of this campus. But don’t think for one moment that Palmer is relegated to the past. We are poised to produce the greatest chiropractors in the coming years. If you haven’t come to campus for a visit and a tour yet, I strongly encourage you to. We are the only college with a Business Development Center that will give you all the tools to run a successful and very fulfilling practice once you graduate. We have an amazing clinic that is gorgeous and
staffed with amazing clinicians who are there ready to prepare you for practice. We have amazing clubs and organizations to enhance and complement your Palmer education. Wow, when I started this paragraph it was to reflect on my time here and look at me just bragging about how great Palmer is and the fact that it’s only getting better.

Well I’m going to wrap this up, my friends. As always if you have any questions please drop me an email, or get in touch with me on Twitter (@kingcampusguides). I hope that your new year is off to an amazing start and that it has nothing but greatness for you in the coming months. All the best to you in your future chiropractic pursuits!

Matt Sharples, 5th Trimester Student
Davenport Campus