First week of 3rd trimester …

How am I writing this already?! When I started blogging, I was just finishing 1st trimester and here I am talking about my first week of 3rd trimester! Time is flying and I love it, but I also want it to slow down so I can do more here on campus.

That is one of my goals this trimester: Get involved and go to more seminars and clubs. I figured now that I have a **slightly** less stressful schedule, I can do more outside of classes. Rugby is also on hold for the winter. We have two tournaments, but we have no official practices until the end of February. This works out perfectly for me because I am still healing from my broken finger. But it frees up a significant amount of my time.

I am already signed up for two seminars, and one is coming up (and it happens to be in my hometown … YAYAY!). I also want to read a couple of books that have been recommended to me. Hopefully I’m not being too ambitious here and underestimating my class load, but I like to think I’m an optimist so it’s gonna work out perfectly. 🙂

Classes so far are good! I have been looking forward to 3rd trimester ever since 2nd trimester, hehehe. But the hardest part is being in class all day long. Pretty much every day I have class from 8:25 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. I usually don’t have any breaks, so I need to work on my meal prep. But, yes, you read that right–I don’t start until 8:25 a.m. WAHOOO! It’s a wonderful feeling not having class at 7:30 a.m. This also gives me a lot of time to work out before classes.

Now that I don’t have rugby, I have to find a time to work out on my own. I have been missing my yoga practice a lot lately, so I am going to try to find a yoga studio around here. I don’t know how to explain it, but it’s one of those things where you think to yourself, “Why did I ever stop doing that?” So I’m also hoping to implement this into my daily routine and, at the very least, I want to take time for myself every morning before I have to do things for my education.

From listening to seminars and reading random articles, I’ve noticed that you need to take time for yourself and for your values. Isn’t that crazy to think that anyone could get away from these fundamental things? I know it is, but we do it. I do it. So I’m focusing on me this trimester because I truly believe this is key to chiropractic. Let’s be real, it’s key to a healthy and happy life. So I’m going to do it, and it’s going to be great. 🙂

This also ties in well with my goal of reading more and attending more seminars. How can I truly know what I want if I haven’t experienced as much as I possibly can? Anyways, this is my plan. What are you doing for yourself today?

Callie

One thought on “First week of 3rd trimester …