Almost finals

My relaxing week turned into a pretty busy week! I found myself going in to open lab as much as I could, and I also had to study for a Biochemistry quiz. Add that on top of practice, laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning and traveling for rugby. It was pretty crazy!

Chocolate! It makes everything better.

Chocolate! It makes everything better.

We travelled to Minneapolis, Minn., again two weekends ago for rugby, and I can tell you that my Friday and Saturday just flew. Friday I went to class, Pediatric Club and then to the Barrel House with Jen. I have decided that going to the Barrel House with Jen the day before my game is good luck. πŸ™‚ Right after the Barrel House, I went home to pack for the trip, and then before you knew it we were in the van. We got to the hotel at 11:30 p.m. and had a quick meeting with coach. Then we woke up at 5:30 a.m. for a CNS wake up, which is basically a light workout. Our game was at 9 a.m., so thankfully we were able to play and then get home at a decent time.

My parents came up to watch the game, too! That was a nice treat–not to mention they also brought me delicious chocolates from my favorite sweet shop back home! πŸ™‚ Unfortunately, on the way home I got a migraine. πŸ™ I also threw up in front of everyone multiple times. Woof. The combination of driving, not eating a lot and lack of sleep got the best of me. I ended up going to bed at 7:30 p.m. and woke up at 8:30 a.m. It was muuuuch needed. πŸ™‚

My Spinal practical felt like it went better than the first one, so that’s good! Either I felt more prepared or I knew what to expect, but either way I felt more at ease. After the practical, my friends and I grabbed pizza and prepared for our Palpation practical. It was a nice way to end the day.

This week I also applied to be a Pediatric Club Officer! And I got it! πŸ™‚ I am officially a Pediatric Club Officer. Wahoo! One of my goals was to get more involved in the club, and I did just that! I am very excited to promote the club, Palmer, pediatrics and chiropractic. Yipppeee! I also went to club this week, and we discussed ADD/ADHD. I feel like everyone has heard about ADD or ADHD, but they don’t necessarily know what exactly it is. It was nice to gain a little information on the topic.

And before you know it, it’s already the weekend. Stay tuned for the next rugby game results. πŸ™‚

Callie