The start of a good week …

This week marked the beginning of Round 2 for exams! It also means we only have five more weeks of this trimester! 🙂 Where did the time go?! Thankfully this round of exams is more spread out than the last. We had Pathology and Gross Anatomy 2 over this last week, then Biochemistry, Palpation and Spinal next week, followed by Physiology 2 and Gross Anatomy 2 again. Another helpful thing is that it was also National Boards weekend. The upper trimester students were busy studying and taking exams, so we are able to enjoy an extra two days off! But, of course, I filled those days with studying. 😉

This week was also my first full week back at rugby practice! I started going to conditioning sessions last week, but my elbow was still pretty sore and would swell up. So it was a huge relief coming back to practice pain-free this week! I think I’m also getting the hang of rugby more and more each day! I was a basketball player in high school, so I’m starting to make the connections from the court to the pitch. Our first game is Sept. 19, so stay tuned for updates on that. 🙂

If those two things weren’t big enough for this week, it’s also the opening game for the Packers! GO PACK GO! Being a Wisconsinite in Iowa is the weirdest feeling ever. I have to bring the Packer culture to Davenport. I’m okay with that. 🙂 I don’t have cable, though, so I have to go somewhere to watch Packers (or Badger) games. I went to Jen’s house this week for the game! It was great, I brought over vegetarian chili, and we had homemade guacamole. It was the perfect way to kick off the Packer’s season. 🙂

But now I have to get back in school mode and study for my exams!

-Callie