Post-surgery pondering …

This week is perfect for relaxing and recovering. I only have two quizzes, and I am off from rugby this week. I’m not sure if I just have more time to think or if the post-surgery pain meds are making me crazy, but I’ve had some life-changing thoughts this week that I thought I’d share.

Photo By  via http://public-domain.pictures/

Photo by Mike Morbeck, via http://public-domain.pictures/

My first realization this week, as the great Aaron Rodgers said, is “R-E-L-A-X.” Just relax. Classes are super hard and that’s to be expected, but being all worked up over everything is not going to help. It’s not worth it to go crazy or get depressed about getting an A versus a B. In my opinion, it will not make you a better chiropractor.

Also, skip a class or two. Whatever, it’s a class. If it’s worth saving your sanity, do it. I do not recommend being lazy and skipping just because. But if it’s for the greater good, then go for it. But, hey, what do I know? That’s just my opinion. 🙂

When I was a little kid, my parents used to let me have a “sick” day where they would take me to the craft store and buy me whatever I wanted. Then I’d spend the day with them and craft. How cool is that? Sometimes you just need those days to know what’s important. Accept that you can’t do it all and go with it. 🙂

My second realization is, “When it rains, it pours.” And guess what? Just grab your umbrella and keep going. I had a lot thrown at me the last couple weeks, and it sucked. And I felt like it just kept coming. But I’m here, and I survived! Chances are there are a lot of other people in the tri (and the world) going through worse things than me.

I was telling my sister about the Humans of New York posts recently about brick kilns in Pakistan, and all my problems seemed so irrelevant. Sometimes life will throw you a curve and you not only strike out, but it hits you in the face, your team loses the game, and you’re out for the season. EMBRACE IT. It could be worse and life doesn’t get any better dwelling on it. 🙂 Maybe I’m an optimist, maybe I’m loopy from my meds. Either way, I’m looking up.

Anyways, enough with the sappy stuff.

This week has also given me a lot of free time to look up craft projects and other leisurely activities! It’s been nice not being so busy, and I can finally get back to doing “normal” people things. I also have plenty of time to prep for my next round of exams. 🙂 Speaking of that, I’m going to go study for my Biochemistry 2 quiz now … wish me luck!

-Callie

Callie