A weekend for the books … or not!

Holy Smokes! What a weekend to be in Davenport (the last weekend in July)! There was the Street Fest, the Bix Road Race, RAGBRAI and Shania Twain! I don’t even know where to begin, but let’s start with antique shopping.

A sneak peek at my dress!

A sneak peek at my dress!

After classes on Friday, Jen and I went antique shopping for a table, but we ended up with some pretty awesome vintage clothes from Abernathy’s. Along with our clothes, I snagged an amazing retro Quinceañera dress that I can’t wait to wear for Rugby during Homecoming (coming soon!).

Anyway, it’s very important to have a core group of friends during your time at Palmer, and my group of friends happens to be the best! After shopping, Jen and I met up with the rest of our group and went to see the movie “Trainwreck.” Sometimes you just need a good laugh!

After the movie we decided to check out the Street Fest downtown. We went to the free concert and listened to an amazing cover band of AC/DC. We had an amazing night and definitely made memories that will last a lifetime.

Waiting for Shania to take the stage!

Waiting for Shania to take the stage!

Saturday I deep cleaned my apartment and waited for my family and best friend to come visit. We decided to have a girls’ weekend in Davenport and see Shania Twain in Moline.

Saturday day was great; we laid out in the sun, went for a swim, went out for dinner, and then finished it with some hot tubbing. Who could ask for a better day than that? I’ve missed my family and my best friend so much, so it was great to relax and catch up.

Sunday Funday. Sunday started out with a little shopping. First we shopped for some bulk items at Sam’s Club. Gosh, I love it when my mom comes down; who doesn’t like to stock up on goodies?? Then we did the real shopping: concert clothes shopping! 🙂

We went to the mall and scoured through all the clearance racks and found some awesome deals! We grabbed a light lunch and then got ready for the concert. We ended up leaving a little later than we intended, but it turns out it couldn’t have worked out better. We took a taxi to the concert and then tried to find a place to grab dinner and some beverages. Of course, everything was packed because it was 6 p.m. and the concert started at 7:30 p.m. Thankfully we stumbled upon a little bar up the road, and it was completely empty! EMPTY! We felt like we won the lottery! After having a little fun, we left and headed to the concert.

Our seats were absolutely PERFECT! Shania Twain was amazing! I don’t think I sat down or stopped screaming the entire concert! It was like my childhood compressed into two hours! Such a fun time with amazing company.

Monday. Monday came waaaaayyyyyyy to quick. I’m sitting here during my break to write all of this down because I have a ridiculous amount of homework to do later tonight. Ooops! 😉 I don’t recommend blowing off school for the weekend, but everything in moderation. 🙂

One thought on “A weekend for the books … or not!