New trimester, new blogger

Me attempting to palpate and test Jen’s SI fluid mobility. A work in progress, people, a work in progress.  :)

Me attempting to palpate and test Jen’s SI fluid mobility. A work in progress, people, a work in progress. 🙂

It’s been a busy few weeks here at Palmer! As I write this, I’m just finishing my first full week of 2nd trimester! Let me tell you, I am exhausted. Sad to say it’s not from a crazy amount of studying, but just having a routine again is quite tiring!

Classes start at 7:45 a.m., and I usually go straight until 2:45 p.m. I have a break or two during the day, but that’s now been filled with PASS sessions. Then after classes I have rugby conditioning and/or practice four days a week. The rugby team had a tournament Saturday in Iowa City, and the women’s team took first place! It was actually quite an accomplishment considering we spent all day running around on one of the hottest days of summer. But other than being very busy and tired, I am so glad to be back at Palmer.

Exciting things are happening in 2nd tri! I feel like a REAL chiropractor! This trimester I have a palpation class where I’m starting to find contact points and conduct some simple chiropractic tests. It might not seem like a lot to most people, but it’s a huge jump for me! It’s very exciting to do some hands-on work instead of just reading books. Now I understand the process of what my chiropractor does when he is ‘pushing’ on my hips. It feels GREAT!

I was so incredibly nervous the first day, just ask Jen (my good friend and fellow Palmer blogger). “What if I can’t find the contact points? What if I do it wrong? How do I know if I’m doing it right? What do I do with my hands? AHHHHH!!!” That lasted about five minutes, and then I realized that no one else knew what they were doing, either. And, as it turns out, just a little bit of practice can go a long way! I’m hoping this confidence boost will transfer over to my other classes, too.

Fingers crossed! 🙂
– Callie