End of 6th tri and fun during break

The end of the trimester was filled with finals, practicals and a little bit of fun! We had a few practicals in our classes like thoracolumbar, pelvic, active care and more. In the technique classes we were tested on all the set-ups for listings that we learned over the trimester, and in active care they tested us on different stretches, exercises and more for working on the different muscle areas of the body. I really enjoy practicals because it makes me feel more comfortable on what I know and might show me different things I should work more on or focus on. Our finals week was pretty packed with exams, but we had two exams maximum on each day and Palmer always has a study day before finals start. This helps a lot for students to prepare for each exam but the week is still pretty busy and exhausting. Luckily at the end of the week we have a celebration for the graduating students in Women’s Palmer Rugby.

Student blogger Jennie with graduating women's rugby team members.

Me on the right with two graduating Women’s Rugby Team members in the center.

This celebration includes food, drinks, music and gifts at a local restaurant or bar downtown. This trimester we had three ladies who were either graduating, precepting or heading to a VA facility for a student rotation. It was so much fun to celebrate and reminisce on the good memories we have had with these players. Each one has had a huge impact on our team throughout the years and we are going to miss them so much. This night was a perfect way to end the finals week. Unfortunately I had one more final the next morning so I had to finish up at 7:30 a.m. and then I headed out back to Wisconsin. For break my family and I planned a trip to the Dominican Republic so we could all enjoy some time together and relax.

On Friday we drove down to Chicago since we flew out of O’Hare in the early morning. The flight was pretty long but we eventually got to our resort at the end of the night and boy were we hungry. We decided to put our stuff in our rooms and head down to the buffet so we could get some food in our stomachs! The food was delicious there and since it was all-inclusive, it was nice not having to pay for each meal.

We spent the first day just relaxing on the beach, soaking up some sun and walking down some paths to see the beach and other resorts. We took a few excursions to explore the area and have some fun. The first one we did was dune buggying around the area and a little bit of swimming at a waterfall. It was so much fun driving and we got so wet and muddy since there was a huge rainstorm the night before. We were so soaked afterwards that we had to take showers to wash all the mud out.

Student blogger Jennie on dune buggy.

Dune buggy fun!

Afterwards we took a little swim and enjoyed some sun at a little waterfall area at the location. The next excursion we took was to a cocoa, coffee and cigar plantation where we saw how these items are made and processed. I’m a big coffee drinker so I found this very interesting and I stocked up on some coffee they sold at the plantation location. The last trip we went on was a speed boat, snuba and snorkeling adventure on the Atlantic Ocean. I have never gone snubaing so I found it to be so cool and fun to swim with the fish and feed them. We were able to swim around on the ocean floor with our family and our guide showed us some sponges and coral reef areas. I had to get used to my ears popping but after a minute I felt comfortable swimming around. It was so much fun and it was a perfect way to end the trip.

Student blogger Jennie with family on boat on Atlantic Ocean.

Atlantic Ocean adventure!

Saturday morning was our last time to enjoy the beach and some food before we had to head out. It was a long trip home again and we didn’t get back until about 2 a.m. Sunday morning. I was able to pack up and travel back to Davenport by Sunday afternoon to prepare for the start of 7th trimester!