Success in rugby and finals!

Our rugby season has been making history for Palmer with us being in the # 1 spot in the league so far. We even had an article in “ The Rugby Breakdown” about our success this season, in addition to a recent television interview and “practice” session with Channel 4 news here in Davenport. We showed the reporter the basics of rugby and he enjoyed learning about the sport and how our team is doing. We’ve had almost every Saturday filled with a rugby game and social with the teams this past month. Unfortunately, this season is coming to an end. We are in the Number #1 spot in our league currently, but our last game against the Amazons will determine if we stay in the top spot and go to playoffs. Since we just finished finals and we are on our break right now, we decided to have two-a-day practices the Wednesday and Thursday before the game. This allowed for a lot of players to head home or do some traveling for a long weekend. With our practices and the team’s energy, I feel like we can come out with a win this weekend and advance to playoffs for the first time in Palmer history.

Finals came upon us fast but I studied hard during the past couple weeks and did really well in all my classes. I’m one of those students who calculates their current grade and checks to see what is needed to maintain or raise my grade in each class. But I came out strong in each class of mine and this allowed me to enjoy my little break at home even more. I was able to spend time with friends and family and do a lot of relaxing. I even got to pick up a couple shifts at my job back at home as a receptionist at Studio 262 Salon in Middleton, Wis. I’ve worked there for seven to eight years now and I cover shifts for other employees during my break if they need a day off or want some vacation time. I love coming back to work because the employees always feel like family and they do amazing work for their clients. I love talking to the clients and seeing how happy they are with their finished results. But as always, break felt like it went by too fast. It’s nice to be back in Davenport for the weekend and I’m excited to finish it up with some rugby with my team!