Part 1 NBCE board results and our class half-way celebration!

The last month has been packed with rugby, exams and preparation for finals! Even though it has been really busy, I have had so much fun with my teammates during practices and our travels, and I’ve enjoyed learning more hands-on experience in classes and different techniques.

With this past month being hectic with rugby and classes, it was hard to focus the morning of October 2 – the day our Part 1 NBCE scores were announced! I was extremely nervous to look and I was too shy to check them during class with my fellow students all around. I decided during my later break between classes to find a quiet, empty table right outside the buildings and check them by myself. I’m really close with my mom so I thought it would be best to have her on the phone with me while I find out my scores. It felt like forever for the page to load but when it did I was screaming inside! I passed all six exams on NBCE Part 1. My mom and I even had a few happy tears over the phone. Of course, I called my dad and siblings afterwards to let them know the good news! It was such a relief off my shoulders to have that happy news after waiting six weeks to find out. It motivated me to finish off this trimester strong and do the best I can.

It’s common for every class to celebrate their “half-way” to finishing their degree here at Palmer, and our class decided to have a taco party and bonfire at a classmate’s house! It was so much fun to just relax and enjoy some time together joking around and eating some delicious food! Our classmate Molly, who hosted the event, has dogs, goats and horses, so it was fun to pet and feed all the animals. For some students it was more of an uncommon experience since they normally don’t see goats and horses that often, if at all. A lot of the students jumped in and played some yard games like corn hole/bean bag toss and threw around a football. During the trimester our time with each other is usually spent studying or in classes, so it was fun to be able to relax with everyone. Our class is a smaller one so we know each other fairly well, but that night we were able to get to know fellow classmates who we might not talk to as much. But since this event was right before finals, I had to make sure I spent some time that weekend studying and preparing for my classes!

My classmates and me (fourth from left in front row) at our half-way party.