I met the Baltimore Ravens chiropractor at the Sports Symposium!

Baltimore Ravens chiropractor Dr. Alan Sokoloff and me on the rugby field.

Baltimore Ravens chiropractor Dr. Alan Sokoloff and me!

In AprilĀ I was able to experience my first Dr. David D.Palmer Athletic TrustĀ Annual Sports and Chiropractic Symposium (it was the seventh one) here at Palmer. To start off, we listened to some great alumni speakers that informed us about concussions, different methods to help correct curvature, and how to have a successful business and practice after school. One of the speakers, who discussed concussions, rugby and football, was the Baltimore Ravens chiropractor, Dr. Alan Sokoloff! Each session was educational and it was nice to hear from chiropractors who were students just like us and also played rugby. During the breaks between the sessions we were able to meet with other chiropractors attending and discuss their businesses, chiropractic, rugby and more. Everyone was really friendly and inviting, so I felt open to start a conversation with them and ask questions.

All the current ruggers and alumni together in a group on the rugby field.

All the current ruggers and alumni out on the rugby field.

Saturday is a rugby day, and we played first on the field against Minneapolis Menagerie and the men played afterwards. Our game started off great as we were communicating well, having successful scrums, and scoring tris. We were able to sub in some of the new players on the team, and they did great and kept scoring throughout the game. In the end we finished with a final score of 69 to 19! We were pretty happy with the way we played, and we were able to celebrate with our team, the Menageries and our alumni supporting us during the game. The men played after us against Chicago and came out with a close but well-earned win!

My friends and I at the symposium banquet. Three young women dressed up for the event.

My friends and I at the symposium banquet.

We all had to rush after our games to shower and get ready for the symposium banquet at the Hotel Blackhawk. Since this was my first one, I had no idea what to expect but I absolutely loved it. The food provided was delicious and filling, and we had the honor of having Dr. Anthony Piana sit with us during the banquet. We talked about his history with rugby and school and a bit about his practice that he currently has in Connecticut. After we ate, they presented awards to some alumni who have gone the extra mile or have represented our college/rugby team all over the world. It was great to see how many players are doing so well in the real world here after Palmer.

The weekend was very busy with rugby, events and some fun, but I definitely had to recover Sunday with lots of study for the next week. Fourth trimester here at Palmer is a little bit easier on the exams compared to the first three trimesters, but that next week we actually had three exams and two quizzes! With Easter coming up the next weekend, I had something to motivate me to get through the week and succeed on the exams!

One thought on “I met the Baltimore Ravens chiropractor at the Sports Symposium!

1. I might be biased because I am Jennie’s Mom – but I love reading the Palmer Blogs. Having back issues myself, and having found that chiropractic has been the most successful of any practices that have been able to relieve pain, I admire not only my daughter, but all the students going into this field. Reading the blogs gives me much enthusiasm that my generation is in good hands! Their positivity and dedication is inspiring. Keep up the great work!