I love going to school at Palmer!

The first thing I noticed when I got back from home was the progress done on our gym here on campus! It has been under remodel this past year and should be done this spring. When I came back, all the main foundation was done, and it was starting to create the walkway, which will connect it to one of the main buildings on campus. When I came back, it made me realize how much I missed being back in Davenport. Even though I love being at home with family, I really enjoy going to school here — and I’m getting closer to becoming a chiropractor.

The biggest challenge after our holiday break was getting back on schedule. Luckily we didn’t have too many exams or quizzes thrown at us right away, but we definitely needed to prepare for the next couple weeks since we are getting closer to the end of trimester. It is crazy to think that I will have completed a whole year here at Palmer in a little over a month! Even with our busy schedules, it’s extremely important to go to classes due to the extra credit and/or participation opportunities but also the professors really help students understand the material in different ways.

One class in particular that I really appreciate is Systems Pathology. Every once in a while, the teacher changes up his ways of teaching during class instead of just continuously lecturing. Sometimes he has us read over the slides and we divide into groups and teach each other, and other times he has had questions for us to review or go over the material we have just learned. That said, it is important to be organized with your schedule here at Palmer with your academic schedule but also for extracurricular activities you participate in.

During my free time these past couple weeks back, I have tried to prepare for the rugby season with regular exercise and my weekly soccer game. We have had a couple wins and a loss but all in all, the games have been fun and have had a good amount of competition. During this past week, I was able to score my first hat trick (three goals)! But we also have had a couple injuries within our team, so we are adapting to the change on the field. Last week we had a rugby team meeting discussing the upcoming season and the preparation for it. We are starting to condition two mornings each week right on campus! It will make sure we are trained and conditioned for when we are able to hit the field outside and start practicing. At the meeting we discussed attending an additional tournament during our spring season on top of the games and tournament we have scheduled already. It will be fun to play against some different teams, and it will allow us to spend more time together as a team!

-Jennie