Alumni Female Olympics West Campus

Karla Solum, D.C.

Palmer graduate cares for Team USA Beach Volleyball in preparation for the Summer Olympics.

Dr. Solum with another Palmer alum at the 2012 Dew Tour

Karla Solum, D.C., CCSP®, credits her Palmer education and the experience she gained from multiple Sports Council events, for helping her develop the necessary skills to care for world-class athletes.

“The main reason I was selected by USA Volleyball was due to all the on-field experience I gained from Sports Council events as a student, and the amount of time I volunteered as a young doctor,” says Dr. Solum. “I had to pay a lot of money to volunteer at times—but the learning experience I gained from volunteering for those events is what helped me gain the confidence in treatment methods and on-field procedures, which I needed to move up to the professional level.”

“I absolutely love working with athletes—and it just so happens I get to work with some high-caliber athletes,” she says. “I would love to treat at an Olympic Games someday, if not Rio in 2016, then hopefully in 2020!”

To learn more about Dr. Solom’s work with Team USA, read Palmer Insights Spring/Summer 2016 issue.

For more information about a career in chiropractic, visit www.Palmer.edu.

To request an appointment with one of our clinics, go to www.PalmerClinics.com, or if you are outside our clinic regions of Davenport, Iowa, Port Orange, Fla. or San Jose, Calif. you can search our database to find a Palmer chiropractor in your area.