Alumni Davenport Campus Faculty Male Private Practice Research

Todd Hubbard, D.C.

As a kid, Todd Hubbard, D.C., was a “typical dumb jock.” He struggled in the classroom but excelled on the field. “No matter how hard I tried, it wasn’t possible for me to be smart,” Hubbard said as he described his high school years. But a fateful neck injury led to his first experience with chiropractic, and his life hasn’t been the same since.

ToddHubbard2

Dr. Hubbard instructing an intern in the clinic

“Not only did my neck feel better, but after a while, I started reading better.  And the things I read were starting to make sense to me,” Hubbard explains. “Before long my grades started going up, and I realized I didn’t have to be a dumb jock anymore.”

Chiropractic helped Hubbard’s body and mind work better. Because of this experience, he decided to become a chiropractor. He graduated from Palmer College’s Davenport campus in 1996 and went to start his own practice specializing in upper cervical care.  He became an instructor in the Blair Technique, which led him back to Palmer College when he joined the faculty in 2003.  He eventually sold his private practice, and now serves as a full-time faculty clinician at Palmer’s Davenport Clinic.  He also completed his master’s degree in clinical research at the Palmer Center for Chiropractic Research.

How does Dr. Hubbard feel about Palmer now that he’s a faculty clinician and researcher? “Palmer College is the leader in specialty-specific spinal manipulation, and we are the leaders in evidence-based chiropractic care and research. It’s through that leadership that we provide the very best education for our students and the very best care for our patients.”