Male Student West Campus

Jonathan Parham

Learning to lead

Leaders come in all shapes, sizes and styles, and Palmer student Jonathan Parham is a great example.

Jonathan has demonstrated leadership in a variety roles at Palmer’s West campus: as a member of the Palmer Pride ice hockey team; as Associated Student Government class representative; as president of the West campus chapter of the California Chiropractic Association (CCA); and as the legislative representative of the West campus chapter of the American Chiropractic Association (ACA).

Jonathan heading out for hockey practice

“I’ve always had a passion for leadership, and promoting the things that I’m passionate about,” said Jonathan, who grew up just a few miles from Palmer’s West campus, in the South Bay town of Campbell.

He was introduced to chiropractic when his mother took him to see Dr. Cree Guardino (San Jose ’95) for a hockey-related shoulder injury when he was 16 years old.

“I was skeptical, but I felt immediate relief in my shoulder, and I was amazed at how the rest of my body felt,” says Jonathan, who studied kinesiology at San Jose State University and Patten College. Jonathan also is a certified massage therapist.

Soon after his treatment by Dr. Guardino, Jonathan realized he wanted to pursue a career in chiropractic. “My experience at Palmer has been amazing,” says Jonathan, who plans to pursue leadership roles with the ACA and CCA while maintaining his practice.

I believe Palmer provides the most well-rounded and complete education. And, of course, the Palmer Pride hockey team was a major draw for me, as well!”