West Campus Sports Council announces new executive officers
The Student American Chiropractic Association (SACA) Sports Council chapter at Palmer’s West campus in San Jose, Calif., recently announced the new team of executive officers for the 2018-2019 term.
The new Palmer West Sports Council officers include:
- President: Iannick Remillard (Valleyfield, Quebec, Canada)
- Vice President/Education: Jordan Briault (Red Deer, Alberta, Canada)
- Vice President/Student Affairs: Kyle Siskar (Buffalo, N.Y.)
- Senior Coordinator/Advisor: Korissa Ramage (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
- Senior Advisor: Joanna Holleran (Chester Springs, Pa.)
- Event Coordinator: Hayley McHugh (Shawano, Wisc.)
- Event Coordinator: Dennis Matos (Coral Springs, Fla.)
- Ass’t. Event Coordinator: Robbie Butler (Ft. Collins, Colo.)
- Ass’t. Event Coordinator: Adrian Galindo (Hollister, Calif.)
- Secretary: Will Murillo (Pleasanton, Calif.)
- Treasurer: Casey Campbell (Swartz Creek, Mich.)
- Social Committee: Emelia Bracken (Canton, Ohio)
- Social Committee: Blair Amphy (Hercules, Calif.)
- PR/SC: Kimberly Delen-Briones (San Francisco, Calif.)
“I am extremely proud to be selected president for the 2018-2019 Sports Council team,” said Remillard, who served as Sports Council event coordinator on the 2017-2018 executive board.
“I want to specialize in sports chiropractic, and when deciding which college to attend, every chiropractor I spoke with told me Palmer West was the place to go, because of its reputation as the ‘gold standard of sports chiropractic’.”
Remillard looks forward to working with the 2018-2019 officers, and is appreciative of the experience that comes from the number of team-members who are also serving second terms, including: Amphy, Briault, Holleran (past Sports Council president), Matos, Rammage, and Siskar (who also serves as president of the West Student ACA chapter).
“I’m quite excited at the prospect of working with this great group of future doctors,” said Remillard, who earned his B.S. (athletic training) at Canisius College in Buffalo, New York, where he was a pitcher on the Golden Griffens’ baseball team.
“We are extremely lucky to have Joanna Holleran stay on the team as a senior advisor, because her experience as president for last year’s Council will help the incoming team achieve new goals and expand the current goals for the upcoming year.”
Through guest speakers, seminars, and practical on-field experience, Palmer’s West Campus Sports Council, established in 1994, provides unique skill-building opportunities for students who share an interest in the field of sports chiropractic.
Since its formation more than two decades ago, the Palmer West Sports Council has provided chiropractic sports care at some of the biggest sporting events in northern California, including the Sea Otter Classic cycling festival, the Silicon Valley Turkey Trot (SVTT), Valor Games-Far West, North Face Endurance Challenge, San Jose State rugby, among others.
The Sports Council’s participation in SVTT 2018 on Nov. 22 marks the 10th year in a row that faculty-clinicians and interns from the Palmer Chiropractic Clinics in San Jose will provide complimentary sports care services at the largest timed event of its type in the U.S. (SVTT 2017 drew more than 20,000 participants, raising nearly $1 million for several local charities.)