West campus Sports Council announces new executive officers
The Student American Chiropractic Association (SACA) Sports Council chapter at Palmer’s West campus recently announced new executive officers for the 2017-2018 term.
The new West campus Sports Council officers include:
- President: Joanna Holleran (Chester Springs, Pa.)
- Vice President: Corey Diamond (Irvine, Calif.)
- Vice President: Marc Gusse (Waterford, Mich.)
- Event Coordinator: Iannick Remillard (Valleyfield, Quebec)
- Event Coordinator: Korissa Ramage (Calgary, Alberta)
- Assistant Event Coordinator: Jordan Briault (Red Deer, Alberta)
- Assistant Event Coordinator: Kyle Siskar (Buffalo, N.Y.)
- Assistant Event Coordinator: Jamie Staton (Danville, Calif.)
- Secretary: Blair Amphy (Hercules, Calif.)
- Treasurer: Casey Campbell (Swartz Creek, Mich.)
- Social Committee: Mary Kathryn Brazil (Salinas, Calif.)
- Social Committee: Nathan Clark (Libertyville, Fla.)
- Social Committee: Dennis Matos (Coral Springs, Fla.)
- Education Committee: Jon Adams (Concord, Calif.)
- Education Committee: Alyssa Avila (Chatsworth, Calif.)
- Education Committee: Ben Leong (San Jose, Calif.)
- Education Committee: Anna Wentzel (Kelowna, B.C.)
- Education Committee: Ben Whiles (Penticto, B.C.)
“I am excited, and honored, to have been selected to serve as president of such a well-respected organization as the Palmer West Sports Council. I feel extremely confident in our team of officers, and what we’ll be able to achieve together,” said Holleran, who also serves as vice president of the Women of Chiropractic Club, and is a member of the Campus Guides.
“Each year I relish the innovations that our new Sports Council officers will create, and I look forward to working with this new group of officers to discuss the new ideas they want to implement,” said Ed Feinberg, D.C., DACBSP, West ’83, who has served as Sports Council’s faculty advisor since the organization’s formation in 1994.
“Our Sports Council leaders have an excitement about sports chiropractic that is palpable, as shown at the recent Sports Council Annual Symposium, where Palmer West students won 1st and 2nd Place honors in the poster-presentation contest, and we also have two Palmer West students on the ACA Student Sports Council Executive Committee.”
Established in 1994, Palmer’s West campus Sports Council provides skill-building opportunity for students who share an interest in the field of sports chiropractic through guest-speakers, seminars, and practical on-field experience.
Since its formation more than two decades ago, the West campus Sports Council has provided care at some of the biggest sporting events in northern California, including the Sea Otter Classic cycling festival, the Silicon Valley Turkey Trot, Escape From Alcatraz triathlon, the North Face Endurance Challenge, San Jose State rugby games, among others.
For additional information about the Sports Council programs at each Palmer campus, visit the Palmer College web site.