Prepping to precept, graduate and move!

So much to do! Including packing and getting ready to move.

Over the last month I’ve been quite busy getting things ready for precepting, graduating and getting ready to move! School hasn’t been really busy this trimester; it’s all the other extra stuff I have to get ready in preparation.

We’ve had quite a few assignments and projects we’ve had to do as well. So most of April I was trying to get last-minute assignments done and trying to finish up my clinic requirements. My cousin also got married the beginning of May, so I spent a lot of time running to Ames to help with the wedding. So April was busy but not super exciting.

When you get into later trimesters, there’s a lot less demand of your time, which is actually very nice. We spent two years with no free time at all, and it’s been quite nice to have the last year with low levels of stress so I could gradually getting things done. We have fewer classes and more clinic time, which is great because we are actually seeing patients and doing what we’ve been working towards.

It’s actually been kind of funny because, after I caught up on lost sleep from the last three years, I found myself sitting around forgetting what to do with free time. Clearly I haven’t used that free time to write for this blog, but there really hasn’t been much to write about … except to let students and prospective students know that the madness does settle down. There are weeks when you don’t study at all and months where you only have one test and, believe it or not, a finals week where you only have three or four finals. So keep at it, you’ve come this far. Or if you’re just starting or considering starting the program, just go at it. It’s only crazy-busy for a short two years. Those two years fly by. Believe me, it doesn’t feel like I should be finishing my 9th trimester already. Thinking about having only one more trimester left just blows my mind.

Graduating in five months seems unreal. Fortunately, I now feel ready. It’s weird the transition you take. I remember going into 7th tri entering the CHC and feeling like I had no idea what I was doing and not feeling ready at all. I now officially feel ready to graduate. I am confident in my skills, I’m confident in my education and I’m confident that I have learned everything necessary here at Palmer. I couldn’t be happier with my choice to come here those short three years ago.

-Allisha