Another tri done!

My new home on campus ... the Davenport Clinic in the Academic Health Center!

My new home on campus … the Davenport Clinic in the Academic Health Center!

The trimester has come and gone once again. These last couple of weeks have just been preparing for just that–the end of the trimester. We haven’t really been doing much except spending more time in clinic. The 9th and 10th trimester students are finishing up their adjusting credits, so my trimester is starting to take over more of their patients.

Other than seeing patients we’ve gotten through finals. This is the first trimester we haven’t had a full week of finals. Our last test was on Tuesday, then we flew out Wednesday for Clinic Abroad. I went to clinic in the morning, saw a few patients and had to be at the airport at 2 p.m. More on that to come!

Eighth trimester flew by. Everyone says it’s the most laid back trimester, and finally something I was told so long ago in first trimester has been right! I really enjoyed this trimester finally getting into the outpatient clinic seeing patients with more complex cases and not being in class all day! At first I was having a hard time dealing with all my free time. I wasn’t sure what to do with all of it, I got over that quite quickly with a lot of netflix and naps. I had 7 trimesters of naps to catch up on and 8th trimester was a great time for that.

That being said, I’ve had a great time in my first trimester in the outpatient clinic. I have seen a wide variety of patients all making improvements and some already fully recovered. I’ve used skills I didn’t think I would use much. Most surprisingly I went into clinic thinking I would be using mostly one technique, and I have actually used a wide variety of adjusting techniques. The one I thought I wanted to use the most, I probably used the least. It is all about finding what fits best for you and your patients, and that might not be the same thing for every case. I’m excited to see what 9th trimester brings.

Now, I’m off to Bequia!