‘I know this is going to go terribly’

Nerve-wracking

Nerve-wracking

So I mentioned that I took the clinical OSCE, and after you’re graded on it you have to go through and review your tapes and watch yourself perform the exams. This happens a few weeks after you take the exam, and so I had my OSCE review a couple weeks ago and it just seems so weird watching myself. Those awkward silences were just as awkward in the video as they were in the room that day.

Overall, though, I was pleased with how I did and I think I did quite well. I noticed a couple of things that I forgot to do. I was sort of dreading having to watch myself because I was thinking, “I know this is just going to go terribly.” I didn’t want to see myself being all frazzled trying to get through this test. At the time, you’re not sure if you’re acting awkward or not because you’re nervous about taking the test, and I just really felt like I would get in there, watch myself on the tape and see that I was just doing terribly.

Luckily, that was not the case. It turns out I actually know what I am doing! And I have learned quite a bit while I’ve been here.

-Allisha