What I did on my winter vacation

This is the trimester with our holiday break, which always makes the trimester feel super long. This break was nice because we got about two weeks off, and, being in a higher trimester, we didn’t have anything to study for over break and didn’t have a lot of homework. So I just got to relax and enjoy my break.

I remember in lower trimesters hating this break because there was always so much to study for over break and not wanting to study–because I wanted to spend time with family and do holiday things.

This break I did a bit of traveling around spending time with family. The first part of the break, I went to visit a friend in Minneapolis for a few days, just to get away and relax. On my way back from there, I stopped in Ames to visit my cousin then headed back home to spend a few days with the family. Then I went back to Ames so I could get a bridesmaid dress for my cousin’s wedding. Then I went back to Minneapolis for the New Year.

I ended the break by going to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra in concert at the iWireless center in Moline (right across the river in Illinois) the Sunday before classes started up again. It was a great show this year. This was the 11th time I’ve seen them in concert, but this year was the first year I had floor seats. We were in the 8th row, and it was an amazing way to end my break!

I spent a couple days in Davenport somewhere in there to get my homework done. I seem to work better in my own element, so I knew I would have to spend a couple days at my apartment or I would never get my work done. It was really nice to have a relaxing break with a bit of traveling and getting away before things pick up. Then when I got back to school in the New Year, I was able to start seeing outpatients, which was a great way to start the new year!