The momentum is building

What a year it’s been at Palmer! Momentum is building on so many fronts – from enrollment to NBCE board scores to alumni involvement and facility enhancements. I want to use this blog to let you in on our progress. My hope is that you’ll check in on our projects regularly and feel part of our momentum.

I just finished a series of employee meetings on the Davenport campus. It was exciting for me to see our fantastic employees see the reported results on our enrollment trending up on all three campuses, about the important research with the Gallup organization and its key findings, about our incredibly high ranking for educational value in the April 2015 Brookings Institution report, about our CareerNetwork job postings for graduates … I could go on and on about the many positives, many of which are captured in our Annual Report and Insights. I’m so proud of our progress and of the people who make it possible.

Of course, it is not just our employees who move us forward, but our fantastic alumni! I was pleased to share the results of a survey of our alumni who’ve been in practice 15 years. An amazing 78 percent of them would choose chiropractic again (much higher than what is reported in other professions) and 77 percent of them would choose Palmer again. Ninety-one percent consider themselves “successful.” And so many alumni are ensuring the future success of Palmer and the chiropractic profession by referring students to Palmer. Thank you for your efforts in student recruitment, college support and service.

Finally, I want to let you know about our upcoming capital campaign to enhance facilities and the learning experience on the Davenport campus. Pictures are worth a thousand words, and I’ve included some architectural drawings of some of our plans. We’re in the “silent phase” of the campaign, and our plans include completely renovating the Alumni Auditorium/Fitness Center into a state-of-the-art athletic and recreation complex, complete with a running track and two-level free-weight area surrounded by windows. The northwest corner of campus also will be beautified with a terraced wall, trees, a monument and a walkway.

recreation facility plans

Architectural rendering of the north end of campus showing the campus recreation facility in the background.

MomenBlogInt

The inside of the recreation facility in an architectural rendering.

I can’t wait for all of this to begin. We hope to break ground on the recreation facility next spring and that’s only the start. It’s truly an exciting time to be at Palmer, and I look forward to keeping you updated on our progress.