The After Boards Fog

Well Boards are over, and now it’s time to get back to reality. The trimester is moving full steam ahead, whether we are ready for it to or not.

This week has felt a little like slamming into a brick wall where all of the things I was ignoring or putting off to focus on Boards and study need to get done, and I am unprepared for them. This weekend is going to be a much-needed reset. I need to actually look at my calendar and figure out all of the assignments and exams and practicals I have and when they are, do laundry, get groceries and maybe even sleep in a bit.

It has been hard to focus in classes this week. I feel pretty exhausted from studying all the time and like I just want a break to relax and not spend every minute studying. But, on the other hand, I also feel like I have so much spare time on my hands. When school is done and I don’t have to spend the next six hours in a study room cramming information into my brain and I can just spend an hour or two going over things, it feels pretty good.

I think by next week things will be back to normal, but it’s definitely been a bit of a crazy week, feeling like I don’t know what is going on and like my brain isn’t working all the way, resisting putting more information into it.