Headed home

It's true, there's no place like home.

It’s true, there’s no place like home.

So I unexpectedly headed home to Canada for the break. On these short breaks that are only about a week, I don’t usually try to get home because the idea of traveling and having to meet with everyone at home and flying seem too stressful. Usually all I want to do is just get outside and get fresh air with my pooch or lay on the couch and watch Netflix. But this break, since I hadn’t been home for a pretty long time, my parent’s both really wanted me to come home. So it was last minute, and we were booking flights and organizing to get me home.

I knew I would have to be disciplined and use a lot of the day to study and not get too caught up in meeting with friends and relaxing because I needed to review for Boards. But I was excited to see my family, and knew I’d get a chance to watch my brother play some hockey, do some wedding planning and pick up some new contacts. So I figured it would be a great break, but it would go by too fast.

Every time I go home I feel like I have to plan to get all my chores done, see the doctor and the dentist, go to the bank, pick up more contacts and visit with friends. But these things definitely needed to get done. They’re hard to do over the phone or when I am living out of the country.

I hope everyone had a great break and that some of you got some much needed family time like I did.

Cheers,

Kailey

One thought on “Headed home

1. Hi Kailey,

nice blog! I am a prospective student looking to enrol in Palmer’s Davenport Campus. I would love to ask you some questions in private and was wondering if you would be so kind as to allow for that.

You can reach me at the email that I’ve provided above. Thanks and have a great day!

cheers,
    Leo