(Written 6/3/14) Well, it was a plenty early morning for me today. With the heat we have been having, I have been getting up in the morning to make sure my dog Sota (Siberian husky) gets some exercise before he is left alone all day. On a typical day, this has me up and out of the hour by 5 a.m. so I can run for 45 minutes and still have time to cool down and shower and get ready for the day. But today was my first Campus Guides meeting as a new Guide! The meeting started at 6:45 a.m., so I was up at 4:30 a.m. to take Sota out and still have time to get ready! And you know, I actually don’t feel too bad right now. But I’m just waiting for that wall to come where I can’t hold my eyes open around 1 p.m. today.

Today’s meeting was full of a few introductions, but we didn’t get to crazy because we have a banquet tonight as well, so they were saving a lot of the speaking and things for tonight. But we did talk about graduation and orientation. As a Campus Guide, one of our duties is to help during graduation, basically acting as an usher and also giving Mansion tours. We talked about where everyone would be and what their responsibilities for the weekend were.

Another thing we do is give tours at new student orientation. I was quick to put my name down for this event, because I think it’s the thing I’m looking forward to most because I’ll be able to meet the new students coming in and feel their excitement and be able to help them and answer any questions they might have, just like I did on my first few days here.

I think Campus Guides made their biggest impression on be during my new student orientation. I was finally here, and it was finally setting in that this is what I was going to be doing and it was all very new and confusing and the Campus Guides really helped me feel more confident and calm about everything. I hope I can do the same for the new students!

2 more days of school left this tri!

Cheers, everyone.

Kailey