Clinic tour with Dr. Chad Hagen

A while back PSAF (Palmer Student Alumni Foundation) put together a clinic tour with Dr. Hagen’s clinic. Dr. Hagen’s clinic is a second-generation clinic in Bettendorf, where he integrates A.O., SOT and nutrition. He said that he doesn’t feel the need to only work with one technique and instead uses the technique that will suit the patient best.

Dr. Hagen's Chiropractic Clinic in Bettendorf, Iowa.

Dr. Hagen’s Chiropractic Clinic in Bettendorf, Iowa.

Besides SOT and A.O., Dr. Hagen also uses what he learned while at Palmer through the Palmer Package. The Palmer Package includes Toggle Recoil, Palmer Gonstead, Diversified, Thompson and Extremities. It is always great to hear practicing chiropractors say that they really use what they’ve learned through the curriculum in their offices.

Dr. Hagen said that he worked with a graphic designer to make sure the office had an earthy feel. His clinic has multiple fish tanks, which I really liked because it gave the office a more calming effect. Dr. Hagen also rents out two of his rooms in his office to a podiatrist to cut down on the overhead. I have shadowed a handful of different chiropractors and haven’t seen that before.

During the tour, Dr. Hagen adjusted his son and wife. I am always interested in learning more about pediatric chiropractic. But what I thought was probably one of the most interesting things was watching him adjust his wife with the A.O. technique. Before I started chiropractic school, I had seen it done but didn’t fully understand what was all going on at the time. Now that I understand more about the atlas, I think it’s a technique that I would like to learn more about. Dr. Hagen also completed some cranial SOT work with his wife as well to help with her sinus pressure.

I believe PSAF holds a clinic tour each trimester, but this was the first time that I was able to attend. I’m definitely looking forward to more clinic tours through PSAF!

-Jen