Adjusting Ninjas

Adjusting Ninja logoI’ve said it probably in all my previous blogs, but there are so many clubs on campus … including the Adjusting Ninjas!

I believe they started up last trimester, but I just started attending a few club hours this trimester. I saw a poster about a seminar that was going to happen in Davenport in December, so I thought I would check out the club before signing up for the seminar. And I had also heard Dr. Brett Jones on one of podcasts I listen to regularly and figured it was time that I looked further into this club!

The club normally meets around 6 a.m., and if you saw my previous posts, you know I’m a morning person. We start out with a warm up that involves some light jogging, stretching and yoga moves. From there we move into one of the technique rooms on campus so that we can get some hands-on experience. For me, being in a lower trimester it can be a little intimidating not knowing exactly what I am palpating for, but it’s always good experience.

One of the goals of the club is to work on muscle memory, so we focus on moving through motions and then pick up speed. Once we have worked on the motions, we start palpations. And if we find something, we can take a step back and go through the movements as if we were adjusting them.

I decided not to attend the seminar this time, but I’m hoping that they’ll be back while I’m still at Palmer so that I can attend another time. Things have been a little busy with my current class schedule and labs, so I wanted to make sure I focus on those before attending a seminar this trimester.

Jen

One thought on “Adjusting Ninjas

1. Jen,

I am a perspective student in about 4 years after I retire from active duty Air Force. Are there any books that you would recommend to read before attending first year of chiropractic college? I’m reading a book by R.W. Stephenson that my Chiropractor recommended, but I thought a current student might have a fresh idea on what to read. Thanks for any help you are able to offer.

Brandon