SICA auction

The Student International Chiropractic Association auction!

The SICA auction took place early in December, and I was so excited with everything there was to bid on. But my main goal was to bid on the ticket to Cal Jam … which I WON! Within my family, it’s a long-running joke to say that you won something that you actually paid for in an auction. 🙂

Anyways, I have been listening to the Chiropractic Philanthropist podcast for a few months now, and it’s by far one of my favorite podcasts. One day he interviewed Billy DeMoss, and I knew that I needed to figure out a way to get to Cal Jam in March. It just so happened that about a week after listening to that podcast, the list of what would be auctioned off was posted to our Facebook page. And to my surprise, they were auctioning off a ticket!

My brother attended the event with me, because he was looking to bid on some Green Books. Dr. Hynes (also known as He Hynes) was the auctioneer, and he was hilarious! He brought a ton of jokes and definitely was the best person for the job. There was a book written by B.J. Palmer from his printing press that had never been opened. The book went for over $250! It was one of the most exciting items that was bid on.

I walked home with my ticket to Cal Jam, a book and some posters. My brother ended up winning two books.

I’m so excited for the event in March. I haven’t figured out how I’m getting there or where I’m staying yet, but I’m hoping it will all fall into place!

Jen